The AIASF Administrative Assistant is the first point of contact for AIA San Francisco and provides administrative support across the organization. This position reports to the Deputy Director and works collaboratively with all staff.
8:30 am – 5:30 pm; Monday - Friday, 40 Hours. Some flexibility required for events.
Salary range: $32-38,000 Annually. Benefits based on employee handbook.
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls and email messages to main account
- Provide basic information for architecture-related questions
- Prepare, send, and receive daily mail and deliveries
- Open office daily and monitor AV systems
- Control access to the office and gallery areas
- Assist Finance Manager with QuickBooks batch reports and petty cash reports
- Prepare sponsorship invoices and receipts as requested
- Maintain AIA Contract Document inventory and sales
- Coordinate and order office supplies and kitchen inventory
- Maintain kitchen, conference rooms, and common areas
- Assist with logistics and catering arrangements for meetings and special events
- Greet event attendees, process door sales, and assist with registration as needed
- Assist with internal program calendar and present schedule at weekly staff meeting
- Assist with website updates
- Provide technical support for website profile inquiries
- Perform other administrative duties as needed and assigned
- College degree preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Welcoming and friendly demeanor for visitors
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize, ask for direction, and work under pressure
- Ability to maintain a punctual work schedule
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in QuickBooks helpful but not required (training provided)
- Proficiency in HTML is helpful
- Interest in architecture and design is a plus
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, with salary history, and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only review complete applications and will contact qualified candidates.