The American Institute of Architects Houston Chapter seeks an Associate Director. The Associate Director is responsible for the public facing programs of AIA Houston and Architecture Center Houston. This is a full-time position with competitive salary, health and retirement benefits.
- Responsible for AIA and ArCH public facing programs. This includes K-12 educational outreach, tours, lectures, film festival and exhibitions.
- Assist as needed and assigned with planning of annual events such as AIA Sandcastle Competition, AIA Home Tour and ArCH Gingerbread Build-Off.
- Write and manage grants to support programming.
- Assist with marketing, development, and sponsorship activities.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports for ArCH.
- With Executive Director represent AIA and ArCH at community functions.
- Attend all ArCH and AIA board meetings.
- Serves as liaison to committees as assigned.
- Oversee management of office and ArCH space by front office employees.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum job requirements include a college degree; curatorial and preparatory experience or education is highly desirable. Familiarity with the subject of architecture and the arts is preferred. Must be a self-starter, highly organized, and able to work under the pressure of a deadline. Must be able to multi-task. Strong communication and networking skills are needed. Knowledge of the Houston Community and its non-profit organizations is helpful, but not required. Must be able to establish objectives and specify the strategies and actions required to achieve them. Must work well with other staff members. Must have a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit aiahouston.org to learn more about the organizations and our programs.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please send a cover letter, resume and a minimum of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries please.