The Communications Manager supports the Baltimore Chapter of The American Institute of Architects (AIA Baltimore), the Baltimore Architecture Foundation (BAF), and the Maryland Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects (MDASLA).
Primary responsibilities include management of electronic and print communications, website, and social media, and program marketing, for promotion of the value of architecture and design, and communication with members and the public. Secondary responsibilities include management of specialized committees/knowledge communities, programs and events for the organizations. Requires proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, web and social media content management, and Adobe Creative Suite.
Preferred candidate also will have experience in managing member programs and special events in a professional association or nonprofit membership organization setting. Most importantly, this position requires an individual capable of managing multiple priorities and deadlines in a gracious, precise, and professional manner. Accuracy, attention to detail, independent and team work abilities necessary in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate has an interest in architecture, design, and related fields, and a passion for Baltimore’s built environment, culture, and communities.
This is an Exempt position reporting to the Executive Director, and working with a collaborative professional team.
Communications and Marketing Coordination:
- Plan and write bi-weekly AIA Baltimore e-newsletter and monthly BAF and MDASLA e-newsletters.
- Maintain and promote required AIA National and ASLA materials online. Ensure that materials meet AIA National and ASLA National branding guidelines.
- Update and maintain AIA Baltimore, BAF and MDASLA websites.
- Develop marketing strategies for major programs, and conduct outreach and promotion through web, broadcast emails, and social media.
- Write and coordinate program information on websites, and via online registration portals, and social media event pages.
- Write and send press releases, and maintain and build relationships with local media.
- Maintain editorial calendars. Process analytics for social media, e-newsletter, and events.
- Assist with grant writing and editing, primarily for public-oriented programs.
- Provide electronic member services such as publishing member news and classifieds.
- Writing and editing for annual membership directory and annual report publications for both AIA Baltimore and MDASLA.
- Provide sponsor services including logo placement and editorial publishing.
- Manage communications and public relations with allied organizations.
Event/Committee Management for:
- Assigned committees and committee programs.
- Assist with coordination of member and public programs to include event planning, marketing, communications, logistics and registration.
- Attend and provide staff support for programs, committees, meetings and events as required.
Office, Bookstore, and Gallery Administration (shared among other colleagues):
- Assist bookstore/gallery customers, and sales transactions for merchandise.
- Maintain and manage organization of office files, and archiving.
- Shared office housekeeping, recycling removal, etc.