Municipal Art Society of New York
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Communications Manager is responsible for creating and managing MAS’s digital and print communications programs. This includes managing our social media presence, e-newsletters, and printed collateral of the organization. S/he is responsible for overall strategy and continual assessment of the effectiveness of all digital outreach strategies and initiatives. The position includes opportunity to learn about media outreach, fundraising strategy, and event management depending on candidate interest.
Reports to: Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs
DUTIES AND TASKS
- Web Communications and Social Media 65%
- Lead MAS’s presence and participation on social media, with an emphasis on audience engagement and growth
- Devise and execute targeted online communications campaigns for MAS initiatives and development/fundraising
- Regularly update and maintain website content on the newly re-launched mas.org
- Produce monthly e-newsletter and online news content
- Help manage contacts database in partnership with development team
- Manage external vendor relationships related to digital communications
Branded Materials 30%
- Manage production of all electronic and print outreach materials (including annual reports, membership collateral, branding & logos, membership cards, and event materials)
- Oversee MAS photography and video assets, and coordinate vendors as needed for special events
Event Production Support 5%
- Design and execute on-site social media presence
- Design marketing campaigns to drive attendance at MAS events
- Manage photography on-site
- Assist with graphic design needs and manage external graphic design vendors
- 3-7 years of experience in communications, including at least two years of digital communications experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- An interest in urbanism and the betterment of New York City
- Fluency in social media norms, standards, and metrics. Main presence currently includes Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, and Flickr
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Familiarity with online CRM software
- Experience managing a large newsletter database, including segmentation, and CAN-SPAM requirements
- Basic design skills, including Photoshop and InDesign
- Familiarity with DSLR photography
- Familiarity with event production
- Experience working with members of the media
- Basic GIS: ArcGIS, CartoDB, etc.
Commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in MAS and in this position in particular to the attention of Meaghan Baron, Vice President, Communications & Public Affairs, at email@example.com, with the subject line “Communications Manager.” No phone calls please.
The Municipal Art Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
New York, NY
Friday, September 28, 2018