Editors are responsible for keeping Dwell.com up-to-date with daily articles on modern design and architecture, ranging from home tours, to real estate and rental features, to travel guides. Data-driven and discerning, they research, assign, write, and edit stories that align with Dwell’s overall editorial strategy while supporting its shop and video initiatives. This is a full-time position based in Dwell’s San Francisco office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, English or related field
- 2-5 years of relevant writing and editing experience
- Clear, engaging writing style and interest in covering diverse categories
- Attention to detail and the ability to self-edit
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Background in design and architecture preferred
- Write, edit, and publish articles, maintaining Dwell’s high editorial standards while optimizing for a web and mobile audience
- Source and manage a team of all-star freelance writers, including fielding pitches and assigning relevant topics
- Assist with marketing copy when needed, such as daily email newsletters
- Make the Dwell database more robust by categorizing photos and products, creating new products for the Shop, and curating style guides when needed
To apply for the Editor position in San Francisco, please submit your application here.