The Editor must have exceptional interpersonal, writing, and editing skills, and a deep interest in architecture, design and urbanism. This individual will work with the League’s Communications and Program teams to develop, publish, and disseminate online content for the League’s website. League online content supports and expands upon the League’s live programming, revisits material from the organization’s rich archive, and addresses topics of note through multi-part features developed exclusively for online release.
The Editor will work primarily on content for archleague.org, but will also on occasion be asked to participate in the production of content for Urban Omnibus (www.urbanomnibus.net). The Editor will be expected to help devise content ideas and strategies, write and edit copy, oversee videographers and other relevant contractors, source and secure permissions for imagery, execute layout, and maintain quality control and timely delivery of content, all in close collaboration with other members of the League staff. The Editor is expected to attend League live programs and will be encouraged to attend and report back on similar programs and events hosted by other institutions.
Preferred Traits and Qualifications
This is an excellent opportunity for an intellectually ambitious individual interested in the contemporary culture of architecture, design, and urbanism, as well as in the process of publishing regular digital content. The Editor will join a small, enthusiastic, collegial team at the League.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- A keen interest in and knowledge of architecture and design
- Experience in writing, journalism, criticism, editorial work, or publishing
- Strong computer skills, including comfort with Wordpress and Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong attention to detail; excellent time management skills; and the capacity to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a fast- paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently; strong interpersonal skills
- Comfortable using a digital SLR camera; video/audio editing knowledge a plus
Level of Language Proficiency
English will suffice.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please see the full position description, within which is embedded the link to the online application.
Please be sure to include a cover letter, a current resume, a writing sample (2-3 pages), and contact information for 2 references. PDF format is highly preferred. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews, which will begin immediately.
For more information, please contact Diatre Padilla, Hiring Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.753.1722 ext. 10.