Reporting to the board of trustees, the executive director is the chief executive of a 27-person staff in its mission of advancing the preservation and revitalization of New Orleans’ historic architecture and neighborhoods while offering preservation as a key driver of economic development in the region.
· Inspiring and leading senior staff responsible for advocacy, restoration, communication, education, fund-raising, easements, financial management and administration.
· Effectively presenting PRC policies to the public, media and government.
· Leading the development of a regularly reviewed strategic plan that assesses whether programs should be created, continued or expanded and that is approved by the board as a guide to the organization’s activities.
· Expanding and maintaining revenue sources to support the mission.
· Developing and rigorously following a budget that maximizes available financial resources to achieve the mission.
· Developing the talents and effectiveness of the staff while achieving greater diversity in the workforce.
· Ability to inspire.
· A college degree. A masters’ degree is preferred but not required.
· Experience managing a complicated organization, whether for-profit or non-profit.
· Experience in identifying sources of financial support (individuals, corporations, foundations and government) and asking for it.
· Accomplishment in writing and speaking.
· Ability to communicate and maintain relationships with both supporters adversaries in public discussion.
· Experience and passion for preservation and urban development.
· A grasp of the economics of construction, restoration and real estate development.
· Fluency in the economics and politics of preservation tax credits.
· Familiarity with the New Orleans physical, cultural and political landscape, or an ability to learn it quickly.
· Ability to work altered and non-traditional work schedule necessary to meet deadlines and the demands of the position including frequent weeknight and weekend social and community activities. Minimum requirement: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Salary and Benefits: commensurate with experience.
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY