Project for Public Spaces, Inc.
Project for Public Spaces (PPS) is seeking a creative, thoughtful, and enthusiastic candidate to join the organization as Marketing and Development Manager. This is a full-time, mid-level position and the role is based out of our NYC office.
Our ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience within the planning, landscape architecture,or urban design industry. She/he will be responsible for managing the preparation of proposals and presentations (from start to finish), researching business development opportunities, and engaging with industry peers both in the New York area and nationwide. As a key member of the team involved in national business development, you will lead proposal development and collaborate with organizational leadership, clients, and allies such as municipalities, partner nonprofits, planners, landscape architects, and other consultants.
The Marketing and Development Manager is responsible for a wide range of proposal development, marketing and communications, and business development support activities including but not limited to:
- Setting up and maintaining business development systems for tracking proposals, leads, Go/NoGo decision matrix, and managing all processes with senior staff
- Helping conduct external outreach to develop relationships with other firms for the purpose of building teams to answer RFPs
- Identifying and assessing market trends as well as potential opportunities within emerging markets
- Attending networking events on behalf of PPS when appropriate
- Planning, writing, and executing proposals ranging in size and complexity from single page letters to larger bound submissions
- Writing, organizing & maintaining project fact sheets, staff resumes, and other project related data for ongoing use in marketing/business development efforts
- Assisting with interview presentations and materials
- Implementing and maintaining a client relationship management database
- Coordinating, tracking, and supporting the organization’s business development and marketing activities
- Preparation and completion of standard federal forms
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in a marketing/proposal development role at an Architectural and Engineering (A/E), planning, or landscape architecture firm
- Excellent written, research, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to juggle multiple proposals and assignments independently and under tight deadlines
- Ability to take ownership of, and have high standards for, all professional work
- Exceptional critical thinking and follow up skills to take ideas from concept to final product
- Motivated, curious, and involved in the field of placemaking, urban design, and planning
- Desire to work and thrive in an innovative, flexible team environment
- Complete proficiency in MS Office and InDesign preferred
PPS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping people create and sustain public spaces that build strong communities. We are the central hub of the global placemaking movement, connecting people to ideas, resources, expertise, and partners who see place as the key to addressing our greatest challenges. Visit us at www.pps.org. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits include full health coverage, employee contributed 403(b), TransitCheck, and generous vacation and paid holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send cover letter with salary requirements, résumé, and a minimum of two proposal samples (of your own work) to email@example.com by September 21, 2018. Writing sample submissions must be your own work.
Please attach all application materials as a single PDF file labeled “FirstName_LastName” (ex. Jane Smith), and include as the subject line of your email “Marketing and Development Manager – Full Name.”
New York, NY
Friday, September 21, 2018