The Membership Coordinator reports to the Manager of Member Programs and is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the AIASF membership experience. Additionally, s/he is responsible for the development and execution of committee and member programs.
- Act as primary staff liaison to all AIASF committees, attending all meetings and facilitating programming
- Coordinate with AIA California Council and AIA National Membership and Continuing Education departments
- Serve as first point of contact for members with questions about AIA San Francisco, AIA California Council, and AIA National
- Develop and execute ongoing membership recruitment and retention strategies
- Welcome new members into the community and present volunteer opportunities at a quarterly new-member orientation session and reception
- Maintain all membership materials, applications, and benefits
- Coordinate AIA National Continuing Education attendance reporting and annual audit
- Maintain AIASF’s membership database
Programs and Events
- Coordinate and staff all Committee meetings, events, and presentations
- Manage administration of fellowship nomination process for the local fellowship committee
- Supervise all aspects of the licensure exam preparation
- Manage the event logistics of the Annual Member Party and Business Meeting, including the formal election of the Board of Directors
Board of Directors
- Organize annual AIASF Board of Directors Orientation
- Coordinate logistics for monthly Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings including but not limited to creating meeting agendas, materials, and transcribing meeting minutes for Board Secretary approval
Other duties as directed, developed, or assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or evidence of equivalent satisfactory experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in membership-based organizations, preferably in a forward-facing role that interacts directly with members and volunteers.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence and technical procedures. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from managers, staff, members, volunteers, and the general public. Ability to diplomatically and courteously deal with challenging situations and people while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. Ability to speak in front of groups between 10-200 attendees.
- Experience with MS Office Suite; familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Familiarity with database platforms; knowledge of the YourMembership platform a strong plus.
- Proven ability to initiate, develop, implement, and evaluate projects.
- Proven strength in developing strategies to promote products and/or services for membership organizations. Experience developing campaigns in support of products and services a plus.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, to work in a team, and to respect authority and follow direction.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, a strong sense of pride in your work, and the ability to handle a complex workload. Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize, ask for direction, and work under pressure.
Salary + Benefits
Full-time, 40 hours/week, at-will Employment
Monday – Friday + occasional evenings
AIA San Francisco offers a generous benefits package including PTO, health, and 401(k).
About AIA San Francisco
Serving the Bay Area for over a century, the American Institute of Architects, San Francisco (AIASF) strives to improve the quality of life in the Bay Area by promoting architecture and design. AIASF represents over 2,300 members practicing architecture, as well as 4,000 allied community professionals in San Francisco and Marin counties.
Each month, AIASF offers professional development and networking opportunities as well as public forums, tours, lectures, and gallery exhibitions that provide architects and design enthusiasts with many opportunities to explore the local built environment.
One of the largest of 200+ AIA chapters, AIASF is a resource for architect and allied community professionals, as well as the general public. We further this goal through community involvement, education, advocacy, public outreach, member services, and professional excellence.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 writing samples to email@example.com.
AIA San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to diversify our workforce and seek applications from individuals of all backgrounds.
Position open until filled.