AIA San Francisco
The Membership Coordinator reports to the Manager of Member Programs and is responsible for
coordinating all aspects of the AIASF membership experience. Additionally, s/he is responsible for the
development and execution of committee and member programs.
• Act as primary staff liaison to all AIASF committees, attending all meetings and facilitating committee programming
• Coordinate with AIA California Council and AIA National Membership and Continuing Education departments
• Serve as first point of contact for members with questions about AIA San Francisco, AIA California Council, and AIA National
• Develop and execute ongoing membership recruitment and retention strategies
• Welcome new members into the community and present volunteer opportunities at a quarterly new-member orientation session and reception
• Maintain all membership materials, applications, and benefits
• Coordinate AIA National Continuing Education attendance reporting and annual audit
• Maintain AIASF’s membership records Programs and Events
• Coordinate and staff Committee meetings, events, and presentations
• Manage administration of fellowship nomination process for the local fellowship committee
• Supervise all aspects of the licensure exam preparation
• Manage the event logistics of the Annual Member Party and Business Meeting, including the formal election of the Board of Directors Board of Directors
• Organize annual AIASF Board of Directors Orientation
• Coordinate logistics for monthly Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings including but not limited to creating meeting agendas, materials, and transcribing meeting minutes for Board Secretary approval
• Bachelor’s degree or evidence of equivalent satisfactory experience.
• 2-3 years of experience in membership-based organizations, preferably in a forward-facing role that interacts directly with members and volunteers.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence and technical procedures. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from managers, staff, members, volunteers, and the general public. Ability to diplomatically and courteously deal with challenging situations and people while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism. Ability to speak in front of groups between 10-200 attendees.
• Experience with MS Office Suite; familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
• Familiarity with database platforms
• Proven ability to initiate, develop, implement, and evaluate projects.
For full description and application instructions, visit this link.