American Society of Landscape Architects
Nature of the Position: Provides administrative and programmatic support for the ASLA Professional Practice Networks (PPNs), PPN member outreach, and professional practice programs and services.
- Supports the PPN professional development initiatives, including Online Learning, monthly conference calls, member communications, and ASLA Annual Meeting activities
- Administers the PPNs online presence and member outreach including social media, The Field blog, bi-weekly articles for ASLA’s web publication, LAND, and oversees management and regular updating of website content.
- Administers ASLA responsibilities as a LACES approved provider for Online Learning, LATIS, and other professional development initiatives, including Works with annual meeting staff and PPN members to coordinate annual meeting PPN activities.
- Serves as staff liaison to the Professional Practice Networks Council and other committees, task forces, and/or representatives as assigned.
- Assists with event marketing plans and promotional materials in conjunction with other staff in support of the professional practice programs and services.
- Creates professional practice updates for internal and external communications tools (LAND, E-Express, etc.).
- Assists in meeting management including, developing and preparing materials, sending invitations, coordinating logistics, and other associated tasks for events such as conference calls, webinars, and allied organization events.
- Supports departmental and ASLA-wide planning, performance monitoring, and performance improvement processes and initiatives.
- Upholds the ASLA values and culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- PREFERRED BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCE
- Education: BA degree. Preferred degree in English, communications, landscape architecture or related design field helpful.
Skills: Proficiency in verbal, written, and interpersonal communication. Excellent organizational skills, good judgment, and attention to detail. Ability to balance heavy workload with short- and long-term project deadlines, address changing priorities, and work well under pressure. Knowledge of continuing education and volunteer management preferred. Facility with Microsoft Office computer applications required; experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and Acrobat preferred. Experience with website content editing.
Experience: Two years minimum experience in association or other program administration with writing/editing responsibilities. Must be interested in developing and maintaining a broad knowledge of landscape architects and the landscape architecture profession, especially specialized practice areas and emerging issues.
Friday, September 28, 2018