Enterprise Community Partners
Enterprise Community Partners is dedicated to expanding the role of design in community development – from architectural design of affordable housing, to urban planning and community engagement, to design thinking as a collaborative process for innovation. Enterprise’s Design team is leading the national community design movement by bringing these skills, tools and practices to the field of community development and affordable housing. This is done through the management and delivery of 18-year-old Enterprise Rose Fellowship, the Affordable Housing Design Leadership Institute (AHDLI), and research, tools and resources in areas of designing for outcomes, creative placemaking, health in housing, and social equity. The Program Manager of the Rose Fellowship will be a strategic contributor to this team, managing all aspects of the fellowship.
This position requires a unique blend of skills and capabilities. The incumbent must have solid communication, organizational, analytical, and administrative skills. They must value collaborating with a team of colleagues nationally to develop successful and fulfilling fellowship placements, which grows our expanding network of social impact designers. Additionally, the incumbent must demonstrate the ability to mentor both host organizations and Fellows alike, championing success within complex relationships and projects.
The Program Officer of the Rose Fellowship will report to the Director of Design Leadership and be supported in part by the Program Officer and Program Coordinator of Design Leadership, as well as by office interns. Close collaboration with colleagues responsible for other, related program areas is also expected. This position is based at Enterprise’s Boston office in the Back Bay.
- Manage and is responsible for all facets of the Enterprise Rose Architectural Fellowship program, to include host organization and fellowship application processes, candidate recruitment, site visits, info sessions, applications, interviews, presentations, fellowship reporting, and the design, coordination and facilitation of fellowship trainings, programming, regular conference calls, and retreats.
- Mentor and provide guidance for fellows as they develop and grow in the fields of community development and public interest design.
- Manage all aspects of program marketing and communications, in close collaboration and coordination with Enterprise’s Digital Marketing team and other Design team staff, including update related websites with new materials, opportunities and information; keep blog and social media updated and current.
- Report quarterly, and as required, on new and established metrics, including those required by Enterprise and others by various funders.
- Support the cross-program integration efforts of the Rose Fellowship with AHDLI, in close partnership with the Director and Program Officer, as well as other invested colleagues.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners, including Rose Fellows, leading architects, and developers, to create tools and resources for Enterprise’s community design online platform.
- Support fundraising and grant writing efforts for the Design Initiatives department including developing proposals and completing progress and activity reports as required by funders.
- Provide a high degree of customer service and quick, courteous response to requests for information and assistance from internal and external customers.
- Contribute intellectual leadership to expanding Enterprise’s design leadership initiatives.
- Apply for and present at conferences on program achievements and thought leadership in the fields of both design and development.
- Undergraduate degree and at least four (4) years relevant experience; graduate degree may be substituted for up to two (2) years of experience
- Interest, knowledge and/or experience in community architecture, green building and community planning
- Architectural design skills are not required, but an interest and ability in growing the leadership capacity in community development and design is a necessity
- Proven ability to foster and mentor young professionals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs and solve problems, prioritize conflicting demands, plan work effectively, follow-up and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Actively participates in team-oriented activities, builds relationships
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Availability to work occasional overtime and for national travel (approximately 12-15 trips per year)
Friday, May 11, 2018