The Senior Director of Marketing Partnerships leads the work to secure and steward relationships with corporations and corporate foundations that benefit the Trust and its mission. The successful candidate will have a proven record of developing and nurturing a pipeline of corporations, and of closing substantial gifts. A history of collaboration with colleagues to design and execute partnerships and campaigns that generate new revenue, grow audience and have mission-relevant impacts is required.
The role is a combination of new business development and stewardship of existing multi-year partnerships, with a focus on building and sustaining relationships and securing support that can have a lasting impact for the Trust. The Advancement Division has aggressive revenue goals and this role is an important part of the plan to achieve these goals. The Senior Director will have specific fundraising goals and will need to implement strategies for corporate donor cultivation and solicitation appropriate to the Trust’s brand.
The work of the Marketing Partnerships team includes corporate philanthropy, cause related marketing, licensing and in-kind donations. The Marketing Partnerships team is also responsible for the organization’s sale of advertising in the award-winning Preservation magazine and other channels. This is a reliable source of revenue for the organization, and an area where further growth is possible.
The Senior Director manages a team of four professionals and is an integral part of the Marketing Leadership Team and the Advancement Division. Alongside directly revenue-producing partnerships the Marketing Partnerships team plays an important role in the creation of marketing strategies and campaigns that expand the Trust’s audience and base of support at Historic Sites, National Treasures and in cities across the country.
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Marketing, develop partnership concepts and strategies in support of marketing goals. Lead new business development, including research, ideation and outreach to corporations and foundations for potential partnerships that generate revenue and broaden, deepen and diversify the base of support for the Trust.
- Create and cultivate beneficial relationships with relevant brands to extend the organization’s brand footprint among key target audiences. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and relationships with key contacts at targeted entities.
- Evaluate partnerships’ effectiveness and develop strategies to optimize performance.
- Recruit and steward members for the Trust’s Corporate Council, lead the development of programming for the Council.
- Identify, evaluate, successfully negotiate and cultivate new high-impact partnerships that drive and achieve core business targets and that drive member growth.
- Ensure partner campaigns are in line with brand direction and brand objectives. Identify and negotiate agreements and renewals with the right partners who can put the organization at the forefront of target audiences.
- Lead development of partner campaigns, including determination of tactics and deliverables. Ensure adherence to budget and timelines. Regularly track and proactively report on all partner-campaign results. Lead post-mortem analyses on effectiveness of initiatives against original business and marketing objectives. Ensure maintenance of a calendar of integrated partner-acquisition/engagement programs and promotions.
- Direct development and vetting of customized concepts, marketing materials, business plans, and proposals to secure revenue and visibility from prospective partners.
- Oversee the day-to-day process related to the Trust’s cause campaign promotions and other cause-related marketing efforts. Ensure timely development of proposals, budgets, strategy statements and briefing materials for meetings and solicitations.
- Direct development and implementation of strategies to ensure proper cultivation and solicitation of corporate funders for a prioritized series of needs, including unrestricted, project- and programmatic-based support.
- Supervise execution of approved partnership campaigns, working with other departments, staff and partner leads as appropriate. Ensure effective communication and coordination across internal and external stakeholders. Build relationships at all levels and leverage the diverse skills and personalities of your team, and colleagues across the organization, to achieve departmental and organizational goals.
- Evangelize partnership programs to all key stakeholders.
- Supervise the partnerships team, providing direction, guidance, support and feedback.
- Build and implement a partner pipeline and sales plan and quickly adapt that plan as new opportunities and challenges emerge using advanced problem solving and process improvement
- At least 15 years of professional experience in fundraising, marketing or corporate philanthropy. particularly in a matrixed and geographically dispersed non-profit.
- At least 7 years of experience with budgeting, staffing, supervising professionals and leading large, cross-functional teams to generate high quality results.
- Demonstrated success in creating and leading programs and initiatives that increase revenue. Proven record of developing and executing partnerships between non-profit and for-profit entities
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing key internal and external stakeholders and
- Advanced analytical skills, problem solving (issue identification and prioritization) skills, communication and presentation skills are essential for this role, plus the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- Advanced project-management, team-management and client-management skills. Ability to achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Experience supervising professional staff, as well as successfully managing key internal and external stakeholders and relationships.
- Proven ability to collaborate across divisions to implement processes and achieve results. Track record of building and maintaining productive relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with proven ability to collaborate across divisions to implement processes and achieve results. Track record of building and maintaining productive relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion.
- Proven ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
- Effective presentation skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and skill set essential.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated success in marketing to and engaging culturally diverse audiences and partners, as well as a commitment to diversity in programming and staffing.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required. Familiarity with other software, including databases, a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent years of experience) required. Master’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
Please email cover letter and resume to 560695-CJBemail@example.com