The Vice President of Marketing leads the Chicago Architecture Foundation’s integrated destination marketing and sales strategies with the goals of increasing attendance, building the CAF brand, increasing revenue, and developing new audiences for an expanded architecture center. This role is responsible for leading the Marketing team in developing effective marketing campaigns through market research, ad placement and buying, social media platforms, CAF’s website, creative design, communications, brand collateral, and public/media relations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing Strategy for Revenue and Audience Growth
- Develop strategy and provide leadership, oversight and direction for CAF’s strategic marketing plan.
- Create the destination marketing strategy for the Chicago Architecture Center to increase visitors to the space and its experiences.
- Collaborate across the organization to develop integrated sales strategies in order to increase revenues and attendance.
- Develop and maintain partnership opportunities that lead to creative ad strategies
- Oversee the collection and use of market research data to analyze CAF’s existing customer base and target audiences in order to adjust marketing strategies and respond to competitive market environments.
- Create sponsorship materials and identify opportunities in advertising sales, including institutional ad sales.
Marketing and Brand Strategy
- Research and develop strategies and plans that identify marketing opportunities.
- Ensure the coordination and unification of all marketing and promotional activity and work closely to integrate the promotion of specific programs and objectives.
- Develop integrated marketing campaigns to include print, social media, web and e-mail communications, and public relations plans.
- Lead in the creation of a comprehensive social media and digital strategy that reflects current market trends.
- Provide overall direction for the design of the organization’s print and digital marketing collateral.
- Maintain a high quality design aesthetic that reflects the nature of the organization.
Organizational and Team Leadership
- Provide institutional leadership, working closely with the Board of Trustees, senior leadership, and other departments to explore, discuss and recommend action or solutions to accomplish institutional goals.
- Lead and direct the marketing, graphics, web, and communications areas of the organization, ensuring a high-performing team.
- Establish and implement short term and long range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures for the department.
- Develop marketing and communications budgets for the organization
- Establish metrics to measure the impact of marketing campaigns on attendance and revenue.
- Foster strategic partnerships for growth opportunities
- Represent CAF in the destination marketing community and at Chicago related tourism events and associations
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 years progressively responsible experience in marketing, advertising, sales, or related field, with a proven track record of effectiveness.
- Experience with developing innovative marketing plans and supporting sales and earned revenue projects.
- Experience with cultural institutions, tourism, or destination marketing.
- Previous experience in social media and digital marketing.
- Proven track record of introducing a new brand and/or audience.
- Strategic and creative thinker with strong oral, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to lead and manage people to accomplish major projects.
- Relationship and negotiation skills.
- Conflict and problem resolution skills.
- Energetic and proactive leadership abilities.
- Skilled at working in a team environment and handling multiple projects simultaneously while working effectively and efficiently under deadlines.
- Dedication to excellence.
- Knowledge of various market research vehicles and audience monitoring systems
- Ability to work nights and weekends as necessary.