ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
The Assistant Director for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is a full-time position to build on the existing efforts and momentum within the faculty, staff, and students at the Sam Fox School. The Assistant Director will work closely with the Dean’s Office, the Fairness & Diversity Committee, the Colleges of Art and Architecture, the Office for Socially Engaged Practice, and other Sam Fox School staff and faculty to ensure high-quality programming, policies, and communications that welcome diversity, foster inclusion, and prioritize equity in outcomes for members of the Sam Fox School community on a daily basis.
This position will be responsible for curating, coordinating, leading, and evaluating training and programming that expands knowledge and ability to act on diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism efforts in classrooms, studios, and galleries. The Assistant Director will be responsible for clearly communicating on-going efforts, including evaluation and assessment of these efforts, to the Sam Fox School community. They will serve as an expert guide to support diverse and inclusive staff hiring, provide support to recruitment activities, and support individual faculty in their efforts to create more diverse and inclusive curriculum. They will play a crucial role in participating in and coordinating across relevant existing groups, including the Washington University in St. Louis’ Equity and Inclusion Council (WUEIC) and the Fairness & Diversity Committee. The Assistant Director will work closely with the Sam Fox School Fairness & Diversity Committee to establish priorities and will also be expected to be entrepreneurial in their response to the needs of the Sam Fox School community.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Three to five years of experience facilitating and leading conversations about diversity, inclusion, equity, and/or anti-racism.
- Master’s degree in related field including design, art, architecture, social work or equivalent years of experience.
- Five to eight years leading diversity, inclusion, and equity efforts within institutions or organizations.
- Experience leading evaluation and assessment.
- Understanding and knowledge of the teaching practices of art, architecture, or design.
To apply please visit jobs.wustl.edu and search for ID 49972.