We are seeking a full-time Project Director to oversee and lead a dynamic range of Strategy projects, including positioning and branding, strategic visioning, quantitative and qualitative research, and audience development strategies.
An ideal candidate has had proven success leading and overseeing a roster of long- and short-term projects with adept project management in a team environment. You are a self-starter with expert ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects and initiatives with clear communication and level-headedness. You are a team player and adventurous thinker who can meaningfully contribute to our work and to our culture.
The Project Director is an integral member of LaPlaca Cohen’s Strategy practice, a creative, rigorous, nimble team committed to bringing transformative, innovative, and actionable strategies to the creative sector. We work alongside corporate, foundational, and non-profit organizations to envision their greatest futures, find inventive solutions to their most pressing challenges, and develop programs and paradigms that will shape the future of culture.
The Project Director will report to the Strategy Director and will oversee the iterative work of a growing team of Strategists, Project Managers, and Fellows.
- Provide oversight for a number of Strategy projects, working with a team of Strategists and Project Managers to guide superior client service, troubleshoot project roadblocks, and review and edit deliverables with clear and actionable feedback and guidance.
- Co-lead facilitation of interactive client work sessions, workshops, and presentations.
- Collaborate with Strategy Director on project timelines and staffing.
- Guide future iterations and innovations of our products and services, identifying ways to enhance our processes, deliverables, and approach to superb client service.
- Oversee the development of investigative research, including qualitative, quantitative, market & field research, and competitive analysis.
- Contribute to business development proposals, pitches, and prospecting research that help us proactively seek inspiring opportunities for new projects and partnerships.
- Serve as a mentor to the members of the Strategy team, and more holistically throughout our organization, setting an example for empathic and skilled project leadership.
- Contribute to our team’s growing knowledge base by documenting and fine tuning our research methodologies and processes.
- Inform and influence firm-wide thought leadership initiatives, which can include strategies for presenting and disseminating our work in creative ways, interdisciplinary workshops and dialogues, identifying strategic partnerships, and identifying new ways of bringing our work to the creative sector.
- Exceptional leadership, presentation, editing, writing, research, and communications skills.
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously through expert time management, organization, and collaboration.
- Ability to synthesize and visualize complex topics into easily digestible, actionable, and inspiring deliverables.
- Player-Coach mentality, with expert ability to both oversee and execute projects.
- Inspired, creative, outside-the-box thinking.
- 7+ years of full-time professional experience, with 2+ years of experience managing and/or overseeing the work of others in a collaborative team environment.
- Graduate degree is a plus.
- Prior professional experience in the cultural and creative sector is a plus, including the business of entertainment, music, film, television, theater, public space, visual arts, architecture, and more.
- Knowledge of Keynote, Excel, and Adobe InDesign is a plus.
- Knowledge of project management approaches and tools is also a plus.
About LaPlaca Cohen
At LaPlaca Cohen, we believe that creativity can help build a deeper understanding of ourselves, each other, and the world around us. And we work with all types of organizations whose purpose is to create and share these types of experiences, no matter what form they take.
We believe in cultivating meaningful innovation and impact, and harnessing the integrity and empathy required to do so. Together, we can achieve more, dream bigger, and see new possibilities.
For over 25 years, we have been privileged to serve as thought partners for the creative economy, working with an unrivaled roster of leading museums, performing arts organizations, educational institutions, architecture firms, and foundations to ensure the enduring impact of culture and creativity in the 21st century and beyond.
To learn more about our work, please visit us at www.laplacacohen.com