Van Alen seeks a highly skilled and collaborative Project Manager, Programs (Temporary) to lead assigned community engagement and urbanism initiatives. Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Project Manager will work closely with communities to create public spaces that support social cohesion in New York City and the region at large. The Project Manager should be detail-oriented, a great communicator, and a strategic problem solver with experience managing budgets, timelines, and logistics. The Project Manager should have high levels of energy and initiative, a collaborative spirit, and experience engaging diverse stakeholders, from community members to government leaders.
The role is full-time temporary, starting in September for a period of six months, with a possibility to extend.
- Oversee development of projects from initiation to completion, including development of project scope, timeline, budget, event execution, scopes, RFQs, project newsletter, reports, jury sessions, and contracts
- Drive project development with community data and observations, which may be collected in one-on-one and focus group-type settings, through surveys, or other means
- Plan and oversee community ambassador group, and community engagement events, including: event design, facilitation, venue and vendor coordination, community outreach, A/V, and volunteers
- Oversee and guide partner institutions and multidisciplinary teams in their work through regular meetings and interim reviews, and oversee stakeholders to complete and implement projects
- Manage stakeholders, ensuring all are informed, aligned, and excited as projects progress, including community members, key partners, electeds, government administration, and philanthropic organizations
- Collaborate with internal and external communications teams to develop project communications and collateral, including websites, publicity for public programs and events, presentations, flyers, press releases, and overall project marketing
- Manage project timeline and budget; track expenditures and report on financials as needed
- Oversee information tracking for project documentation, evaluation, and reporting
- Collaborate with Director of Development on future funding proposals, participate in stewardship meetings, and assist in the preparation of project-related grant reporting; log all data related to external facing contacts in Salesforce
- Manage administrative and organizational tasks for each project such as: arranging travel and accommodation, taking minutes, preparing research and documents, and maintaining records
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum five years of experience successfully developing, launching, and implementing community engagement or urbanism projects required
- Experience with or interest in architecture, design, urban planning, or related field preferred
- Strong experience with community engagement practices, participatory research, navigating complex government politics, managing projects with diverse community stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well with staff at all organizational levels and to interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders in person and via telephone and email communication
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, meet deadlines, and produce quality work within tight time constraints
- A high level of energy, initiative, and ability to think creatively and strategically are essential
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, and Monday.com
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application to email@example.com with cover letter, resume, and writing sample in a single PDF with subject line “Project Manager, Programs (Temporary): [Name]”
The salary range for this position is $65,000-70,000 annually. Generous benefits are provided at no extra cost to employee. Contribution is required for dependents. Van Alen is an equal opportunity employer.